Must to know things before starting using Campus 365
A must-read before you start using Campus 365 platform
1. Learning & Training
- You can not learn everything about Campus 365 in a day or two. Even though Campus 365 platforms are the most user-friendly ERP product for the educational institution, it has got hundreds of features that will demand a minimum of one to two weeks of dedicated usage to understand correctly. You can assign one of your team members to the task of learning Campus 365 platforms. You can refer the articles which describe the preparation steps required to implement.
- Suggest you to use an instance to test the application first before using the live instance. You can use https://www.campus365.io/contact-us/#contact-form to get a free trial setup.
- Campus 365 platform cannot be implemented in an institute in a day or two. Campus 365 is the Enterprise Resource Planning platform. You need to do this phase by phase. You need to enter the current student's details and then run the application with the basic modules of News, Calendar, etc. Then go to the Fee module, Exam module, etc. Don't try to use all the modules from day one.
- There should be at least one admin user who knows the platform very well in the institute. The platform admin needs to guide the other users of the application.
- The user should definitely go through the workflow of Campus 365 platform before starting using/implementing it.
3. Common mistakes and doubts:
- Your logo needs to be designed in the 150*110 pixel dimension. If not, your logo may appear blurred or cropped.
- Don't delete/edit the default admin user without creating another admin user. Once deleted or edited, you should remember the admin id so that you can log in again. Give correct Email id for the admin user so that even if you forget the password, you can recover it (SMTP settings should be done so that Email works).
- You cannot send an SMS from your instance if you haven't set up a bulk SMS API integrated to Campus 365 platform. You need to buy an SMS API which can be integrated with Campus 365 platform or purchase the SMS monthly/yearly quota from Campus 365.
- You cannot send Email from Campus 365 platform if you haven't done the SMTP settings. You need to get the SMTP settings from your Email provider.
- You can use the demo for a demo purpose or to test the application. Your main instance is not meant for testing. The issue with this is, you may not be able to delete some specific junk data only because of dependency issue (e.g batch cannot be deleted if students and subjects are added to that batch). The only way then is to drop the entire DB, which means you have to enter all the data from the start.
- You can access the Campus 365 platform from your custom domain. For this, you need to add the CNAME and point to the server where the Campus 365 platform is hosted. Many times users create a subdomain. You need to add CNAME / A Record and not the subdomain. Campus 365 won't be doing this as the domain control panel comes under your authority level.
- Correct format should be followed while using the Data import / Custom import module so that data can be imported. Otherwise, it may result in error and data will not be uploaded. You should save the file as CSV only. You should enter the mandatory fields and should enter in the recommended format only as told in the manual. Fields which needs to be created prior to data upload should be created (courses and batches, employee department, position, etc)
- All other third-party plugins or applications shouldn't be installed along with Campus 365. We recommend to host other applications such as Moodle, Bigbluebutton, Tally etc in other servers or systems and then integrate with Campus 365 platform.
- Campus 365 recommends Campus 365's Cloud.
- If you are planning to host Campus 365 platform on your servers, Campus 365 support team will help you to install the application only on recommended servers.
- You need to have thorough server knowledge if you are hosting your own server. Campus 365 team will be installing the application only. All other servers related operations need to be taken care of from your side like backup, server log files, redundancy, folder permissions, etc.
- You can always get a dedicated leased line as your internet connection instead of having server and server admin. The TCO will be lower for this and you will have uninterrupted internet also.
- If the application is hosted on your server, Campus 365 will support you only if the source code is not altered or the Database is not fudged.
- Campus 365 is a product and separate feature requests are not encouraged. Only feature requests which are taken to the roadmap of the product will be included in the product. Clients can raise their feature requests in our Feature Request Forum and if many of the clients support this, we will be taking this to the product roadmap.
- Any other customization other than which is included in the product will have separate hosting and source code maintenance charges.
- If Campus 365 platform is not hosted with Campus 365 while raising a support ticket, you should give the details of the bug with the screenshots if applicable and should give the ssh root login access so that we can check the issue.